Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Apr 8 17 11:55 AM

Dave, +1, couldn't have said it any better.

Dale

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.

Will Rogers

.................................................................................................................................................

Cheyenne, Wyoming

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Apr 9 17 4:26 PM

Dave,
My post was simply looking forward . It was not a dissection of how the current situation developed.

All,
If this discussion is something that people wish to continue, I suggest any further discussion be moved to the General Board to preserve the intention of this thread.

Bemidji, Minnesota

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Apr 9 17 5:28 PM

Scout80, you interjected your displeasure with the way the thread was going long after it had changed from the Stevens 555 discussion, when PineCreek, challenged your dissertation on "clean Energy" you get your undies in a wad, and suggest that the discussion be moved to the General section.

I suggest you don't read this thread any further.  You won't be bothered, nor will we.

Dale

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.

Will Rogers

.................................................................................................................................................

Cheyenne, Wyoming

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Apr 11 17 9:00 AM

Pine Creek wrote:
Dale,
You are so right President Reagan never establish new taxes, he simply cut those already in existence, so we could keep our own money. He not only raised the GI's salaries, he made the law reflect the true monetary value, in our SS retirement package. I will be forever grateful to him for doing so, it effected my retirement greatly.
Pine Creek/Dave

And the rich were accused of getting richer...which technically was true.... but....it was because they took the money they gained and reinvested it  (earning more money) rather than pissin it away like the lower class would. You have to invest to earn....

Trying to totally eliminate the use of coal is itiotic. Clean energy will never have the capacity to supply our needs...at least not untill some type of major breakthrough occurs and that could be tomorrow or 200 years from now. Coal fired power plants (in the US) are the cleanest they have ever been. They have been forced to invest billions of dollars to do this to meet federal regulations and every time they meet the requirements the government tightens the noose more trying to drive them out of business. Sometime the government regulations and mandated equipment are even less efficient than new industry inovations. FWIW it's going to be the big population centers that are hurt most by this. A large percentage of the power generated by my state goes to out of state markets.

Back on subject, I like my 555. I did have one double with it but have not been able to repeat it since, I did read somewhere that someone had swapped out springs and the problem went away.

Last Edited By: dakotashooter2 Apr 11 17 9:25 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Apr 11 17 9:45 PM

dakotashooter2,
I agree and if you add in the Natural gas now available also. You drop the cost of many peoples home heating and even more money is available to invest, making even more money thru out the business world. Things are looking up, and if President Trump can get the business taxes down, America will boom again as it did in the Reagan era. Remove Obama Care and Build the wall and the USA will be making money hand over foot.

RGD/Dave

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Apr 12 17 7:56 AM

dakotashooter2 wrote:

Back on subject, I like my 555. I did have one double with it but have not been able to repeat it since, I did read somewhere that someone had swapped out springs and the problem went away.[/left]

Do you know which spring or where you saw this information?

Back off topic, clean energy doesn't control frequency, with every KW of clean energy that is produced, "dirty" energy is required to alter its frequency so it can be placed on the grid and transported and used.

I grew up in coal country. Have family that worked the coal mines and coal power plants. My father worked for coal powered plant as an electrical engineer and an environmental engineer. The emissions from coal powered power plants now emit less than 1% of the pollution that they did in the mid 80s. Coal will rise again, but only when natural gas prices go up again if plants are not forced out of business by arbitrary political policies.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Apr 17 17 8:34 AM

The forum will not upload pictures any more to show you a picture of my new 555.

toasty,
Mine has never doubled yet, I use the SpredR shells in her, the 555 works great. Real nice black matt finish on her also.  Great little gun for use while training young gun dogs.

Pine Creek/Dave

Last Edited By: Pine Creek Apr 17 17 2:51 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#49 [url]

Apr 17 17 3:24 PM

Pine Creek wrote:
The forum will not upload pictures any more to show you a picture of my new 555
Pine Creek/Dave

Glad to hear it is working well. I saw it, held it, and pointed it a couple times before you bought it, I have no need to see a picture of it.

I found the post on shotgun world about the sear springs and played around with the gun a bunch. I do a lot with springs at my job and ordered another set of sear springs for the gun. Going to shoot some loads to make sure it functions well and see if I can get it to double with the new springs.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Apr 17 17 3:36 PM

The forum will not upload pictures any more to show you a picture of my new 555

WELL, the forum will upload pictures on a FRESH posting but not an EDIT posting

Mike

Amarillo, Texas

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

May 10 17 11:10 AM

Gentlemen,
A picture of my new 555 Savage/Stevens 28 Gauge, just lately acquired with the help of toasty (Mike) one of our 28 Gauge forum member.
Pine Creek/Dave

Last Edited By: Pine Creek May 10 17 11:13 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jun 28 17 7:29 AM

I just picked up a Stevens 555 in 20ga yesterday. I paid $370 for it at Cal Ranch and Stevens also have a $40 rebate this summer. The interesting thing about this 20ga is the triggers are heavy, about 2x as heavy as my 28ga. Will shoot it and decide if it needs some help. I think I will hunt the duck opener with it.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jul 9 17 10:32 AM

toasty,
Maybe you to a 1st generation gun, they did have problems.

Pine Creek/Dave

<a href=http://www.jpgbox.com/jpg/52016_600x400.jpg" alt="image">[/URL[/url]]

Last Edited By: Pine Creek Jul 9 17 10:34 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help